The goal of this service is to foster the development of an autonomous and responsible spiritual life among students and their contribution to the building of a harmonious and supportive society.
In accordance with government guidelines, LBPSB provides this service to all of its elementary and secondary schools. It is offered to all students regardless of their religious affiliation and is not affiliated with any particular denomination.
The objectives of the service proposed to the students are:
- To reflect and experiment in situations designed to help them progress freely in their spiritual lives, with a view to unifying their being in a vision of existence
- To undertake individual and group projects likely to improve their community and the society around them, with a view to developing a social conscience
- To build links between their spiritual life and their community involvement, with a view to developing greater personal unity and social coherence
This service takes into account the trends and influences that shape the lives of young people and uses all the resources that a school and community can offer to promote the students’ human and spiritual growth, while respecting their freedom.
The activities of the service may be humanitarian, spiritual or interfaith, and may focus on:
- Young people’s search for meaning
- The development of social conscience
- The humanization of the environment
- Community involvement
- Students’ needs with regard to their own religious affiliation